Get results from all the best sites!

New Networking Website for Lonely Business Travellers

Posted December 31, 2008 by Jaklien van Melick

Lonelybusinesstraveler Travelling for work may sound very glamorous, but everyone who does it on a regular basis knows how lonely it really is. Your friends and family may be green with envy when you’re dashing to Heathrow airport to hop on yet another flight to yet another far-flung city, but really, what’s so great about watching TV you don’t understand and having another club sandwich because that’s the only thing you really like on the room service menu? Sure, you’ve racked up a gazillion British Airways frequent flyer points, but believe me, it’s b-o-r-i-n-g. Or should I say; was boring?

On Triplife.com, the networking website ‘where travellers click’, you can find people who are in the same boat (or plane or hotel for that matter) at the same time you are. It’s free and easy to join and all you have to do is enter your travel itinerary and voila, you have found yourself a travel buddy. At least that's the idea. You could hook up before your trip and travel to the airport together, arrange to sit next to each other on the plane, share a cab, work out, meet for dinner, drinks or both. Whatever you fancy. No more lonely nights channel surfing in your hotel room. And if you’re really lucky, you might even meet Mr or Mrs Right. Who knows? Provided you’re single, of course.  Everything is possible. So no need to bring your book or newspaper to dinner anymore and it sure as heck beats spending the evening with the remote control.

I don’t know about you, but I'm really looking forward to my next business trip—although I will miss watching Rambo in Korean.

(Photo: knoxnews.com)

Users are solely responsible for the content of the comments posted. Comments are subject to the terms and conditions and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of bookingbuddy.co.uk. Bookingbuddy.co.uk does not control or endorse the content, messages or information posted.

Reader Comments

Triplife?? more like get a life

Posted on March 27, 2009 at 11:44 AM by James

I know what it is like to travel alone and may sign up to give it a try. I do wonder however what type of person I might end up sitting next too when I have elected to do so.

Posted on September 15, 2009 at 09:20 PM by Brett Fenton

When I'm on a business trip the last thing I want to do is to sit next to strangers to talk to, can't really imagine myself trying to find someone to talk to, sounds like a bad idea.

Posted on May 01, 2010 at 06:01 AM by P11D

Oh that's good a totally new idea and passengers very much like it. After no one boring in long flights they have some thing to busy itself and enjoying different persons company's.

Posted on July 19, 2010 at 09:38 AM by Asif

Very interesting observations. I might add that currently planes are flying under capacity (with exception of the few routes), so if the budget is tight – book Isle and Window seats (make sure middle seat isn’t occupied either). If you’re lucky – middle seat is yours. If you’re not – the complete stranger should be willing tp trade ‘your’ middle seat for another one on the plane. Especially, after being threatened to seat next to a roudy toddler. Finally, we had no trouble walking with the kid back and forth when everything else failed.

Posted on October 06, 2010 at 06:45 PM by Cork Flights

Completely true, travelling for work is not at all glamorous. Its like going around alone with a heavy load of burden and layovers makes things worser sometimes. Hope this new networking site where I can find people like me will make traveling more interesting.

Posted on April 23, 2011 at 11:48 PM by Investing for beginners

The comments to this entry are closed.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference New Networking Website for Lonely Business Travellers:

rss rss

• From:
  • To:
  • Depart:
  • Return:
  • Travelers:
About Us
For a trip to the lighter side of travel, where your in-flight meals are always free, there’s plenty of legroom, and your frequent flyer miles are actually worth something, come aboard the BookingBuddy Blog. Wait a minute—we can’t promise any of that—we’re just a blog! So all you’ll actually get are a bunch of words and pictures, and maybe some videos. But they’ll be funny, we swear.

The BookingBuddy Blog